Over the course of two weeks, Katie Notopolous, a Buzzfeed reporter for Buzzfeed’s tech vertical, FWD, used software called TeenSafe to monitor the iPhone activity of a 21-year-old sorority sister named Taylor Prewitt.
She got permission from Prewitt. Prior to conducting this experiment, Notopolous had never met Prewitt.
“What story could I piece together about their life based just on a text message trail?” Notopolous wrote for Buzzfeed. “Would I actually be able to ‘know’ a person just from their phone?”
At the end of the experiment, Notopolous made a list of the things she learned about Prewitt just by monitoring her phone:
• Her dad’s a lawyer.
• She knows how to have a good time with her friends and was in a sorority.
• She’s definitely a 21-year-old American girl.
• She’s got a new boyfriend and it’s going well.
• She’s sweet, but a pushover.
• She’s open-minded with her boyfriend.
• She has a little brother in college who asks her to buy him beer occasionally.
CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
5740 RALSTON ST 300
VENTURA, CALIFORNIA 93003